(A)Typical Woman Free, Whole, and Called in Christ by Abigail Dodds - Crossway

Español & English Post


If you, like me, use to read about womanhood, probably you want to give this one a try. Or probably you don't because probably you think that by now that you have read it "all", and by now you know it all. Well, let me remind you this: you don't, we don't. That is the beauty of God, He is always showing us some more about Him and about us. He uses tools like this book to encourage us to endure, persevere in His will, in any stage of life. 

Must confess that I did not like the cover page, until I read the Author explanation... but I always try not to judge a book by the cover. And then, when I read John Piper's endorsement about this book I knew I wanted to give it a try!

“God is calling Christian women not to be typical, but to be faithful, joyful, and fruitful—in a hundred significant good works prepared before the universe existed. Abigail Dodds is a proven voice for truth among today’s cacophony of counsel for women. Her passion is that women love being God-centered, Christ-exalting, Bible-saturated women. This is not the portrait of womanhood painted by the world. Therefore, she is not calling for something easy, but something courageous. I hope you consider her challenge.”John Piper, Founder and Teacher, desiringGod.org; Chancellor, Bethlehem College & Seminary; author, Desiring God
I invite you to read this book because we typically need this message.

Who wants to be all He wants us to be? I definitely want everything He wants for me.

We need to remind ourselves about it every day, in a world that is continuously screaming the opposite. May God help us in this journey. Amen!. 


P.S. Crossway Books thank you! (you never disappoint). Thank you, Abigail Dodds, I have enjoyed your writing in Desiring God, but I prefer the length of books. May God continue using your words to bless others. Even if He gives you the words you would not choose. 


-I read an ARC. The book officially releases in January 31, 2019- 

Description
What does it mean to be created as a woman? The mainstream culture offers many answers, emphasizing outward beauty, independence, and self-actualization. But rather than confusing cultural norms, Christian women have something more secure to center their womanhood on: Jesus Christ. Seeking to rediscover the full reality of what it means to be female, this book looks to God’s Word to help readers avoid the temptation to belittle womanhood on one hand or glorify it on the other. With chapters addressing womanhood in singleness, marriage, working, mothering, suffering, discipling, and more, this book will help Christian women live out their callings as free, authentic, indispensable members of Christ's mission and work.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Puedes enviar tus comentarios a mi email

Related Posts with Thumbnails