Disciplines of a Godly Man by R. Kent Hughes - Crossway

As you all know I like to read my husband´s books. My dh R has been part of the Charles Simeon Trust, which conducts expository preaching conferences, R. Kend Huges, the author of this book, is the founder! (in case you don´t know) the conferences are available throughout North America and worldwide. Other pastors, I respect recommend that training too. Since he told me it was good material, I didn´t hesitate to dive into this book. As you know WE READ A LOT, but I do not write a review on every book we take... just the ones I´m thankful about. This one is priceless. I am challenged in the way I live my spiritual life. One thing you may find useful is the study guide because it will give you the opportunity to study with others (I truly appreciate when authors add that bonus! an when they add resources for further growth, they help me to pick my next book, my wishlist is growing, and growing) It is a very user-friendly book. Hopefully, someday soon a local group will start this study and grow as a godly man. Even when this book is for man, I think if a woman reads it she will be encouraged to pray for the man and to grow in the discipline as well. I´m grateful for Crossway and this practical and biblical resources, they encourage me in my walk with Christ. Part 3 and 6 were my favorite because I need to focus on my soul, mind, and consistency.  R. Kent Hughes challenged me to a more disciplined life, "no sweat, no sainthood".  

You can pre-order now, you won´t regret. Release day is July 30th. 


In case you want to see it this is the Table of Contents:
Acknowledgments
Part 1: Introduction 
  1. Discipline for Godliness
Part 2: Relationships 
  1. Discipline of Purity
  2. Discipline of Marriage
  3. Discipline of Fatherhood
  4. Discipline of Friendship
Part 3: Soul
  1. Discipline of Mind
  2. Discipline of Devotion
  3. Discipline of Prayer
  4. Discipline of Worship
Part 4: Character
  1. Discipline of Integrity
  2. Discipline of Tongue
  3. Discipline of Work
  4. Discipline of Perseverance
Part 5: Ministry
  1. Discipline of Church
  2. Discipline of Leadership
  3. Discipline of Giving
  4. Discipline of Witness
  5. Discipline of Ministry
Part 6: Discipline
  1. Grace of Discipline
Resources
A. Resources for Spiritual Growth
B. James and Deby Fellowes’s Witness to Their Faith
C. Personal Reading Survey
D. Selected Proverbs Regarding the Tongue
E. Hymns for Personal Adoration and Praise
F. Choruses and Scripture Songs for Personal Adoration and Praise
G. Praise Psalms Especially Appropriate for Personal Worship
General Index
Scripture Index

Disciplines of a Godly Man

No man will get anywhere in life without discipline—and growth in godliness is no exception.
Seasoned pastor R. Kent Hughes’s inspiring and best-selling book Disciplines of a Godly Man—now updated with fresh references and suggested resources—is filled with godly advice aimed at helping men grow in the disciplines of prayer, integrity, marriage, leadership, worship, purity, and more.
With biblical wisdom, memorable illustrations, and engaging study questions, this practical guide will empower men to take seriously the call to godliness and direct their energy toward the things that matter most.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Puedes enviar tus comentarios a mi email

Related Posts with Thumbnails