Bonhoeffer Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas - Nelson Books

Bonhoeffer Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas - Nelson Books


you can get it here: https://amzn.to/36C34MU

I love heroes. I just love to get into their brains. I love their thinking and their courage. Most of all I love people who act like heroes without knowing they will be famous because of their actions. It would be easy to act with courage, wisdom, and justice if you would know your life is being recorded and you have a contract because they will write a biography about you. That would not impress me. What I love about people in the past is that they act as they must, with selfishness and with sacrificially loving, even if nobody knows it or no one claps around. This is the case, I think that is why I like books like this so much. There where no cellphones and selfies around, no paparazzi involved. It is impossible to read about Dietrich Bonhoeffer without having a deep sense of what is truly important, about integrity, truth, courage, and the present and unavoidable fact that you will need to die and sacrifice in order to serve others. This biography is a treasure I want to involve my children in. You will walk to each chapter thankful for Bonhoeffer, but also for Eric Metaxas, who took the time and effort to leave this legacy into pages so we could cherish, a hero for me too. If you love justice, pastors, history, martyrs, prophets, deep thoughts, and challenges this book is for you. My prayer for this generation is to have more people of character with kindness and strong convictions, and the conviction to be faithful to God and love others to the end. Seriously get this book, and start reading now. It has been 10 years since the 1st one came out and it is still here, going strong (you will find some new things added to this edition). It is long, but it is worth it. 


Description

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Puedes enviar tus comentarios a mi email

Related Posts with Thumbnails