God Does His Best Work with Empty by Nancy Guthrie - Tyndale House Publishers



Pub date 15-Sep-2020
you can pre-order it here: https://amzn.to/33c4Q3L

Sometimes it is not what is in a book that captures your attention, but what makes you think... sometimes is related to the actual words printed in the book and sometimes it just led you to a way of thoughts and you just can´t stop. This was the case. As weird as you may find my words, this book made me think a lot in motherhood and the meaning of life (and the author was not even talking about this, well... she shares some of her own struggles with motherhood, which I found odd because she lost children, I don´t get it, and probably never will). I´m thankful to Nancy for the reflections she lightens up inside of me and because I was encouraged to remember that even when you feel left out, drained, burned out, and basically empty, it is a good thing because God needs you to be in order to fill you. In this book, if you are a Christian, you will find things that you already know, but I´m sure you need to remember, why? because we tend to forget, and we need to remember. You will find some paragraphs where she quotes from other books she wrote and I have also enjoyed (like Holding on to hope with Tyndale, 2002 and Hearing Jesus speak into your sorrow, also with Tyndale, 2009, and the latest from Even Better than Eden, 9 ways the Bible´s story changes everything about your story) but you won´t find that annoying because those are some short passages that are short and truly related).

I can relate... Here some quotes...
"...we simply can’t expect any human to fill us up completely. No human relationship, no matter how good, can bear the weight of our expectations of complete satisfaction, perfect harmony, and intimacy that only this ultimate and eternal marriage will provide. Instead, our less-than-perfect marriages or our longings to be married can serve to keep us thirsty for this perfect marriage to come. We can expect God to be at work in our emptiness to woo us to himself. Whether we’re married or single, divorced or widowed, our lives are meant to be spent nurturing our longing for this better marriage. And someday that longing will be fulfilled. Don’t stuff down those desires to be loved in this way; direct your desires toward the only one who can love you this way".

"I know the empty place is still there. There’s an empty place in your family photo, an empty place at the table, an empty place in the plans you had for your future. I’m praying that God will continue to do his best work, not in spite of your emptiness, but in it and through it. I’m praying that God will fill your lives with his life and light, beauty and purpose, hope and joy".

"I have often found myself fighting off a sense of emptiness, or perhaps more accurately wallowing in a wave of emptiness. Sometimes I feel as if there is a bottomless pit inside of me that no amount of entertainment, affirmation, or accumulation can fill. I’m ashamed of how envious I can be of what someone else has or does when I have so much and get to do so much. I’ve often wondered how I can feel empty immediately after accomplishing something I’ve worked hard for or while I’m still on the vacation I’ve dreamed of. I’ve wondered how I can feel lonely in a room full of interesting people or in a marriage to a wonderful man. I’ve wondered how it is that I can so quickly descend from thrilling satisfaction into nagging dissatisfaction after an expensive purchase, a successful event, or a sought-after experience. But I do."

"Sometimes your sense of emptiness haunts you as an undefined yet relentless ache. At other times it overwhelms you as an undeniable agony."

"When all you can see are the empty places, put your confident hope in what you can’t see. Put your hope in a God who is for you. God has not raised his fist against you; instead, God’s hand is at work in your life. See that even the hardest providences of life come to us through our Redeemer’s nail-scarred hands. He’s allowing this emptiness in your life, seeking to draw you back to the place where he intends to bless you beyond what you can imagine . You just can’t see it at this point in your story. Trust him to the end. He is guiding the story of your life toward restoration, toward redemption, toward resurrection."

"Whatever it is that has carved out a huge cistern in your soul, God wants to fill your emptiness with his grace and kindness. Your Redeemer longs to take you under his wing and cover you with his robe, to protect you and provide for you. He has done what is necessary under the law to redeem you from your desperate situation and has paid the price required with his own blood. He will take you into his home. He will satisfy your hunger with himself because he is the Bread of Life. He will heal your heart, which has been broken by the sorrows and losses inflicted on it by life in this world. He will be kind to you. He will love you. He will share with you his own inheritance in the heavenly land. He will fill your future with all of the royal privileges of being in the family of Jesus Christ, the son of David."


Description

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Puedes enviar tus comentarios a mi email

Related Posts with Thumbnails