The 40-Day Social Media FastExchange Your Online Distractions for Real-Life Devotionby Wendy Speake - Baker Books


Pub Date 03 Nov 2020
you can pre order it here https://amzn.to/3hhbquY

She did it again. Wendy Speake encourages me to focus on Jesus just as she did with the sugar fast, now she encourages us to quit sugar (remember? The 40-Day Sugar Fast: Where Physical Detox Meets Spiritual Transformation) for the brain and go for the real thing with God and his Word. 

I have been not around social media since June 2020 to _____ (don´t know yet when I´m coming back, I feel so comfortable and free like this) so I was an ideal reader for this book. I think as I was on this journey this book would be extra support for my life to focus on the important, and sure it was. I love to be in touch and have meaningful connections with people, but I´m a lot like Jesus, needing to go alone with the father, silence and quiet places are a gift for me. For you too if you try. This book is a great company if you decide to have that kind of time.

If you have never ever done something like this I encourage you to do it, it is like a detox for your brain. I have several friends who are always saying goodbye publicly and in some hours they come back, they can´t, it is a huge addiction, I have talked to them but it is very rooted and they don´t really want to change. I hope you don´t have your identity in others or your enjoyment may come from several real places, not just online people. Do not expect something just about quitting your digital habits, but expect to get closer to Jesus, your family, neighbor and get closer to real friends. If you or your family are really into social media, you all may do these devotionals together and get healthier in that area of your life. 

Description

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Puedes enviar tus comentarios a mi email

Related Posts with Thumbnails