Charitable Writing Cultivating Virtue Through Our Words by Richard Hughes Gibson; James Edward Beitler III InterVarsity Press IVP Academic

Charitable Writing Cultivating Virtue Through Our Words by Richard Hughes Gibson; James Edward Beitler III - InterVarsity Press


This title captured my attention because I use to think about tangible things when I hear the word Charity. But charity means love, so I started thinking: I can definitely love through my words, so I took it, I´m glad I did. Everything we "eat" with our brains has an effect on us. I hope and pray many could make a pact with their writing and decide to cultivate just pure, lovely and true. I liked how the author makes a connection between spiritual instruction and writing instruction. I know God loves words, he leaves us the Bible, so we must take care of what we leave through our own words. My favorite part of the book it is when the author defines Humility and how it reshapes or writing practice. I don´t want to spoil you. Get the book. Just one quote:

"
God has endowed us with profound capacities to learn, to ponder, to hypothesize, to reason, to understand. These powers apply to a range of fields and areas of inquiry—not least the knowledge of God himself! To recognize this is to realize that delighting in our thinking, delighting in our nimble intellects, may be a godly pursuit. To cultivate humility in regard to our ideas does not, in G. K. Chesterton’s words, require that we become “too mentally modest to believe in the multiplication table.”15 Rather, such humility liberates us. As Dow observes, “Because intellectually humble people value truth over their egos need to be right, they are freed up to admit the limits of their own knowledge. This freedom naturally produces a teachable spirit and the habit of humble inquiry that are at the heart of sustained personal"



you can pre-order it here: you can pre-order it here: https://amzn.to/33HJ8Wo 
pub date 15-dec-2020


Description




No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Puedes enviar tus comentarios a mi email

Related Posts with Thumbnails